Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bottle Shock Smash Hit Sound Track

No, they didn't come out with a sound track CD from the movie Bottle Shock, but if they had, the line up would have gone a little something like this:

Un Bel di Verdremo - Maria Callas and The Philharmonia Orchestra
Toulouse Street - Patrick Simmons
Toulouse Street - Doobie Brothers
Stand Back - Allman Brothers Band
Spirit - Doobie Brothers
Rock Steady - Bad Company
Listen to the Music - Doobie Brothers
Le Temps Des Cerises - Scottie Haskell
Jump into the Fire - Harry Nilsson
I Need You - America
Drivin' Wheel - Foghat
Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-Dee - Stick McGhee
China Grove - Doobie Brothers

Nice mix for that drive up valley. I don't know why more people aren't talking about the sound track, some original. I really enjoyed everything about this movie which came to the downtown Napa theatre last Friday. I laughed out loud (the samurai sword scene) and cried (the scene where the winery owner found all his wine BROWN) and would highly recommend going to see it while it's here.

5 comments:

snaplogger said...

I just saw Bottle Shock tonight. I liked it a lot, although those scenes in Sam's cabin looked a little like a scene from an Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. But I did really like the movie...interesting story. I absolutely LOVED the soundtrack. Would be great to drive up to Napa to. Like driving back into the 70's. ah, nice.

Storm said...

I was living there in the 70's and exactly at that time. It took me back to the days of wine and weed and warm days resting in the cool rolling shadows and sitting on walnut lugs. Saturday wine tastings and then bottles and friends going out to the coast and scaling Goat Rock, cheese and sweet grapes, wine and crackers with driftwood bonfires on the rugged beach below.
How I wish that the music was as portable and expansive as it is today. I am trying to go through my music collection and create a CD for another road trip down that misty memory lane where the Pagani Winery in Kenwood still made the rich red oaky port of my childhood.

justgotspaid said...

Thanks for this post. I was trying to figure out what a song was-- turns out it was Toulouse Street. I'd never heard it before. You helped!

Unknown said...

*grumbles* ... I have just finished watching the movie and I absolutely loved it. The soundtrack was amazing simply because it reflects what the movie is about. Ah well thank you for the info!

Anonymous said...

Say what???

Yes the is music of the soundtrack!!!

See here: http://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Shock-Score-Album/dp/B001F8LPJQ

Cheers! :)